Thursday, April 5, 2012

The clock is ticking...

I'm starting to get a little stressed out. I've got 3 weeks until my first barrel race and Ely has been out of commission for 2 weeks and not even close to being in running shape. I noticed he was a little stiff and thought maybe from all trail the riding he has been doing that he was a little sore (actually that's a lie, the typical horse owner inside of me was having a meltdown with scary thoughts of arthritis, navicular, or some crazy over the top career ending problem. lol) But I calmed myself down and decided check some acupressure points before I called the vet... Bingo! Poor guy is out in his withers, hip and possibly his neck. Then I started to think back about the little quirks he has been having that I blamed on the spring weather and the horse's feeling their oats, these are the times when I question my equine IQ level. Poor Ely as been throwing me bright neon signs and I have been letting them go right over my head.

The even more stressful part has been getting the chiropractor out here. I have been chewing at the bit as I called him 2 weeks ago to schedule an appointment and he has had to reschedule twice. I'm loosing some much needed trail rides and flat work that Ely needs to be in shape and ready to run.

On a happier note everyone else is doing great. Everyone is shedding out and full of themselves. The filly and colt keep everyone entertained. As soon as they get the winter coats off I will add updated photo's of everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment