Thursday, November 19, 2009

Boring week...

Nothing that exciting has happened this week. Daya has been doing great in the round pen. Ive been working on backing and the usual stuff. I can tell her hormones are starting to ease off a little too. She has been really cuddly acting. I was talking to someone on the other side of the round pen the other day not paying attention to Daya, when all of a sudden she walked behind me and literally rested her chin on my shoulder. Usually a no no but what can I say, I'm growing an awfully big soft spot for my new girl.
I guess we did have one exciting day, Monday. It was really nice out so I decided to head to the barn and play with Daya. Her legs were caked in mud and there was no way to get them clean enough for her wear her sports boots. So I got the water hose out and led her outside and prayed! I started lightly misting her legs, she snorted but didn't move a muscle. So I upped the water pressure and still no fussing came from her. I ended up washing her from head to toe! The only time she did a happy dance was when I sprayed under her belly and flanks... other than that she acted like she loved it. Next on my list is some good whitening shampoo... she is one dirty girl!

O just a quick tip I learned this week... WHITE VINEGAR! I couldn't get some manure stains of her hindquarters and my mom stopped by and suggested I try it. I filled a spray bottle about 3/4 full and topped of with water and it worked great. Sprayed it on, rubbed it off and the stains were gone! I did notice though that once my rag got dingy looking that it didn't work as well so I'm going to go through the house and shred some old towels :)

3 comments:

  1. White vinegar - great tip! I will share it with a girlfriend. Her light grey horse always has dirt and manure stains. My guy is black, so stains are not much of an issue. :-)

    http://wolfie-whatwasithinking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip with the white vinegar! Bones has been getting a lot of mud and manure stains lately. I have some handy in the tack room (for whatever reason) so I'll give it a try tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just e-mailed about a horse that I think was at the same place as Daya. They have the two studs you posted about. They have 4 horses up for sale.. did you happen to see a black mare there?? Here is the ad..

    http://athensohio.craigslist.org/grd/1494410444.html

    ReplyDelete