Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ITS A GIRL!

Woohoo! Daya finally had a cute little filly this morning. I didn't get to see it though... sneaky old mare. She showed absolutely NO signs last night when I left the barn. Its ok though, both are healthy. Baby is eating well and Daya acts only slightly peeved when I approach her or the baby. So far she is being a great momma. No if I can only keep the in-laws out of the barn... I wonder if they would think twice if I guarded the stall with a dressage whip. *insert evil giggle*


And now the moment you have been waiting for... Pics!
I will also post a link to youtube later today once I get some video!











3 comments:

  1. OMG! Rachel, she gorgeous! And, what a trooper Daya is! My goodness, not showing any signs of distress last night and poof! a baby this morning. Congratulations! I am sure you are glad this day has finally come. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh myyyy Godddd!

    What an ADORABLE little girl! Are you planning on selling her once she's weaned? ;)

    Have you decided on a name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I’ve been thinking about the name Lootah. Its a Native American name that means red (after my husbands grandfather who recently passed... he asked daily about if Daya and if she had popped that foal out. His nickname was red). As for a registered name I have no club. I plan on keeping her and training her when the time comes. You will be the first to know if she does go on the market! lol

    ReplyDelete