Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I will soon be in horse heaven!

(Suzie and Ely)


That's right. I will soon be responsible for the care 20+ horses! Seems my cousin Suzie and her fiance have had enough of this cold weather and are going on vacation for a MONTH in Florida starting this Saturday. So hubby and I get to farm-sit for them. I've been scrambling to get packed, make sure the house is clean, and get all my horse stuff in the trailer. Oh, did I mention she just asked me yesterday and I have to be there tomorrow so I can get the hang of everything?! The horses I can handle but she also has a huge herd of cattle, some of which are real Houdini's when it come to getting out of the pasture. I told her if they give me that much trouble while she is gone, she may come back to a freezer full of fresh beef! lol

I'm pretty excited. This is going to be a fun mini vacation for us. Daya will be happy because she will get to be with Ely again. She threw a bigger fit when I hauled him back to my cousins place then when I weaned the baby. She loves that goofy gelding. Once I get up there and get settled in with the routine you can be expecting lots of photo's and videos. As for now I have to get hopping again. I have tons of laundry and packing left to do. Happy trails...

2 comments: