Thursday, January 20, 2011

I've been awarded!


There are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Thank you Jess, over at From Bones to Beauty for naming us as one of her 15! You are awesome!


7 things about myself:

1. I absolutely, with a passion, hate winter months in Ohio (not the worst winters I know but bad enough)! I was meant to live in the south. Snow, breaking ice, frozen water buckets, not being able to ride more than 20 minutes without my fingers and toes freezing off, and slick footing are just a few reasons. Oh how I’m counting down to the days of warm sunshine, sleek coats and picking stalls without my fingers freezing to the shape of my pitch fork!

2. I’m finding that the older I get, the more I have to actually work and concentrate on my riding. My seat just isn’t what it used to be after taking a few years off. Sure I can still ride just about anything but I just don’t look as graceful as I used to! lol

3. I can be a little bullheaded but in all honesty I think with horses you have to be. If not we would all have a bunch of pasture puffs who walked all over us and never learned anything.

4. My cousin Suzie is my hero! She can train anything, ride any discipline and is always smiling! This woman gives free riding lessons to children, any discipline they choose. Barrels, poles, roping, dressage, jumping… you name it. She simply hopes it will teach them responsibility and keep them out of trouble later in life.

5. I got a call the other day from an old friend. Her husband wants to offer me a job in his vet clinic when he opens it up in a few months as an equine technician. I’m pretty pumped and hope everything goes as planned so that he can open soon.

6. I’m addicted to tea! I’ve always been a coffee drinker but recently discovered loose leaf tea. Its amazing.

7. I get to house sit next month for my cousin Suzie who is taking a month vacation to Florida. I will be taking all my horses to her place and be looking after all 13 of hers too! I’m going to be in heaven.
My Favorite Blogs

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the award! I enjoyed getting to know you a little better. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete